Effective Rodent Control (Rats & Mice)
We provide a combination of methods for effective rodent control (also called rat control). The success lies in identifying the type whether it is roof mice, sewer rats etc. Accordingly, suitable sized glue traps, different solid and liquid baits, rat cages, ultrasonic machines are used. The hiding and nesting places of these species are different, as are the entry points. Our experienced inspectors never compromise on spending time to understand and plan your control measures. By doing this, you will ensure that your rodent control is effective, which will prevent the unnecessary use of pesticides.
Damages by Rodents
There is a long history of mice and men. They have featured in many stories, comics and cartoons over the years. Mice like to chew on wood and concrete and their nests are dangerous sources that act as a warm invitation to other pests towards your home. The biggest danger posed by rats is that they can chew up your electrical wires and cause irrevocable damage by causing short circuits. The world is witness to them and their dangerous potential, and testifies to the fact that they are the cause of countless fire-related disasters. Hospitals, Malls, Government and commercial buildings have been victim to their destructive prowess and many people have been left homeless and ruined because of them. This signifies the importance of rodent control. When we say rats, we usually mean roof rats or black rats which are quite notorious.
The behavioural difference between rats and mice is like the difference between caution and curiosity. If a rodent control strategy to trap them has to be made, then these differences need to be properly understood. In order to lure rabbits, one would need to pre-bait them, gain their trust, and work very patiently. Rats are cautious and cautious when it comes to being near unfamiliar things. On the other hand, mice are very curious creatures and therefore are very easily captured. They are easily enchanted by things that are pleasing to their stomachs, and they forget everything else in their excitement. If the mouse is not caught within days of setting the trap, you should assume that the trap is in the wrong place. There is no mouse in that area.
It is easy to find a rat’s nest by following the tracks of the holes it leaves behind. The first one should determine whether there are any signs on bricks, wood, tiles etc. Rats and mice have three needs: food, water, water and shelter. We have to start from here for effective rodent control.
More than 20% of the world's food and drink are ruined by mice and rats who eat and shed their fur, making them unsuitable for human consumption. They cause vast amounts of damage to books, documents, food and drink sources, furniture and various electronic equipment and even get into the foundations of buildings by burrowing holes into them and making them weaker.
They are a major threat to health and safety by transmitting various diseases among people and their pets. They bite and spread mites, ticks and lice from one place to another and cause people to fall sick. They spread various kinds of diseases such as Bubonic plague, Rat-Bite-Fever, Leptospirosis, Trichinosis, Jaundice, Rat-Mite-Dermatitis, Salmonella, Pulmonary Fever and Typhoid.
If there is a newly born baby, their cries alert you to their needs. Mice and rats will attack them because milk spilt by them or around them will attract them. If the child is thoroughly cleaned, the risk of bite is a lot less. To minimize the risk make sure that after the child has been fed, it is thoroughly cleaned and washed. This will ensure that mice are not attracted to it. The same care must be taken for injured, handicapped and elderly people in the house. Rodent control must be done by trained professionals. It is not about using glue traps or rodent baits but a skilled and trained person has to put all his experience behind an effective rodent control plan.
Preventive Steps against Rodents
- They are “crepuscular” in nature which means that they are most active at dawn, which means that the ideal time to catch them is midnight.
- Rats are warm-blooded creatures, therefore the temperature should not be more than 4 degrees Celsius or 40 degrees Fahrenheit. To trap them, one must create the ideal conditions for them and they will surely be attracted to come there.
- Rats and mice have very weak eyesight and it is even weaker during the day. Humans can see three primary colours, red, green and blue with ease even from a significant distance. The problem arises because to a rat’s eye it is all blurry, they are colour blind and their understanding of depth perception is zero. This is why rats are always moving adjacent to walls.
- Besides the vision impairment, their senses of smell, touch and hearing are very strong. Mice use their whiskers to thoroughly understand their surroundings and make a detailed survey of their surrounding area. Their whiskers contract and expand and make a map of the objects, floor, walls and other mice in the surrounding area. Their whiskers are much more sensitive than the tips of our fingers.
Unique Offer from PESTGOGO.COM for effective Rodents Control
- At PESTGOGO.COM, we provide a number of effective, safe and simple use solutions.
- Our rodent management practices include 4 lines of defence wherein, we use tamper-proof bait stations for outside and multiple trapping methods (non-toxic & safe material)for inside. We have all kinds of rodent traps.
- We also offer a unique rodent control solution without chemicals and with minimal energy cost. These unique solutions utilize electronic technology to drive away pests with proven effectiveness. The technology used is Electronic Repellent System which generates an electromagnetic cloud, causing the plague. As a result of this extreme stress, the treated sites are abandoned and all attempts to nest are repelled. This technological innovation provides:
- Greater field of activity than any other method.
- Do not require further intervention by operators.
- Easily manageable.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Rodents cannot get accustomed to its effects.
- No visual damage to the facades and buildings.
- Harmless to all living things that are not the target.
- Fully integrated with other pest control processes.